1911: New name, new building at Notkerstrasse 20

The new building at Notkerstrasse 20 (1938)

It was primarily due to the increasing number of students that a new building for the academy was planned even before 1910. The city donated its land in Notkerstrasse for this purpose. In December 1909, Carl Adolf Lang (1875-1950), who had already proven himself as the architect of the city library "Vadiana", was commissioned with developing a new building. Later he also built the Historical and Ethnological Museum as well as a number of villas.

Construction began in the spring of 1910 and was completed on schedule so that in the fall of 1911 the new building was ready for inauguration. The departure from the west wing of the cantonal grammar school was "not without a feeling of nostalgia", since it was here in the west wing that the school had developed from a business academy to a business college, ‘Handels-Hochschule’, as it was henceforth called.