||Publikationen von Tobias Kowatsch
||Dr. Tobias Kowatsch is Assistant Professor for Digital Health at the University of St.Gallen and the Scientific Director of the Center for Digital Health Interventions (www.c4dhi.org), a joint initiative of the Department of Management, Technology and Economics at ETH Zurich and the Institute of Technology Management at the University of St.Gallen. In close collaboration with his interdisciplinary team and research partners, Tobias designs digital health interventions (“digital pills”) at the intersection of information systems research, computer science and behavioral medicine. He helped initiate and participates in the on-going development of MobileCoach (www.mobile-coach.eu), an open source platform for ecological momentary assessments, health monitoring and digital health interventions.
- Digitale Gesundheitsinterventionen (z.B. just-in-time adaptive Interventionen)
- Digitale Behandlungspfade und Working Alliance zwischen Patient, Angehörige, Leistungserbringer und digitale Coaches (z.B. via Chatbots, Conversational Agents)
- Digitale Biomarker (z.B. Erkennung von Emotionen, Stress, Atmung und Persönlichkeit)
- Gestaltungsorientierte Forschung
- Ubiquitous computing
||Tobias has a Ph.D. in Management from University of St.Gallen, Switzerland, a Master of Science in Business Information Systems from Saarland University, Germany and a Master of and a Diploma in Computer Science in Media from Hochschule Furtwangen University, Germany. He was also studying in Scotland and doing social volunteering in South Africa. In addition to these studies, Tobias participated in lectures on good clinical practice and computational statistics that covered structural equation modeling (SEM) and statistical computing with R.
- 09.2002 – 02.2003: IBM Deutschland GmbH, Learning Solution Development Services Full-time position: project manager and courseware engineer
- 03.2003 – 12.2003: IBM Deutschland GmbH, Business Consulting Services Part-time position: IT instructor and courseware engineer
- 03.2013 – 11.2005: tele-akademie at Hochschule Furtwangen University (HFU) Part-time position: Online instructor for Java for Beginners, Advanced Java Programming and Dynamic Websites with JSP
- 03.2004 – 09.2004: artCONCEPT GbR, Bad-Dürrheim – Biesingen, Germany Full-time position: marketing assistant
- 11.2005 – 01.2006: Social Volunteering in Westlake, Cape Town, South Africa
- 09.2007 – 01.2009: Research Center for Intelligent Media at HFU Full-time position: research associate
- 09.2007 – 08.2011: Instructor for Empirical Social Research, workshop at HFU
- 02.2009 – 12.2012: Institute of Technology Management at University of St. Gallen Full-time position: research associate
- 02.2009 – 12.2012: Head of the Health-IS Lab at the Institute of Technology Management, University of St. Gallen
- since 01.2013: Scientific Director, Center for Digital Health Interventions (CDHI, www.c4dhi.org), University of St. Gallen & ETH Zurich
- since 04.2017: Partner of the Center for Technology and Behavioral Health (CTBH), which is a P30 Center of Excellence funded by the National Institute on Drug Abuse, Dartmouth College, NH, USA. (www.c4tbh.org)
2019- Digital Health and Digital Health Project, University of St.Gallen and ETH Zurich
2018-2020 Mobile Sensing, Certificate of Advanced Studies on Health Psychological Lifestyle Change and Mind Body Medicine, University of Zurich (www.psychologie.uzh.ch/de/bereiche/sob/angsoz/CAS.html)
2018 Digital Health Interventions, Health Insurance Management Seminar, Executive School of the University of St.Gallen (www.ivw.unisg.ch/weiterbildung/#offeneprogramme)
- seit 04.2017: Partner of the Center for Technology and Behavioral Health (CTBH), which is a P30 Center of Excellence funded by the National Institute on Drug Abuse, Dartmouth College, NH, USA. (www.c4tbh.org)
- seit 08.2017: Mitglied, Association for Information Systems (AIS), www.aisnet.org
- seit 08.2017: Mitglied, Special Interest Group Health (SIG-Health), Association for Information Systems
- seit 08.2017: Scientific Advisory Board member of Pathmate Technologies, Zurich, Switzerland
- HSG Impact Award 2018 at the dies academicus of the University of St.Gallen for the Open Source Behavioral Intervention Platform MobileCoach (www.mobile-coach.eu)
- Intermedia-globe Gold Award of the WorldMediaFestival 2018 in Hamburg, Germany for the Health Literacy Video Clips for Children with Asthma (www.researchgate.net/publication/321875174)
- Outstanding Reviewer Award 2017 for his review service in the IT and Healthcare track at the Interventional Conference on Information Systems (ICIS) 2017 in Seoul, South Korea.
- Best Paper Award for T. Kowatsch (2017), F. Wahle & A. Filler, Design and Lab Experiment of a Stress Detection Service based on Mouse Movements, The 11th Mediterranean Conference on Information Systems (MCIS), Genoa, Italy. (www.researchgate.net/publication/320161481)
- Best research-in-progress nominee for T. Kowatsch, F. Wahle & A. Filler (2017) stressOUT: Design, Implementation and Evaluation of a Mouse-based Stress Management Service at DESRIST 2017, Karlsruhe, Germany. (www.researchgate.net/publication/317181407)
- Amicitia Award for the best doctoral thesis in economic science from the University of St. Gallen (www.researchgate.net/publication/317181632)
- IEEE WTS Outstanding Paper Award: Filler A. Kowatsch T. Haug S. Wahle F. Staake T. Fleisch E. (2015) MobileCoach: A Novel Open Source Platform for the Design of Evidence-based, Scalable and Low-Cost Behavioral Health Interventions - Overview and Preliminary Evaluation in the Public Health Context. Wireless Telecommunications Symposium 2015 (WTS 2015), New York, USA (www.researchgate.net/publication/282826763)
- In 2014, Tobias Kowatsch together with his co-authors received the foederatio Paedo medicorum helveticorum fPmh Award 2014 for the abstract entitled "Home Support of Obese Children and Adolescents by Means of Health Information Technology System: A Pilot Study for a Psychosomatic Based Therapy Concept" by Büchter, D., Kowatsch, T., Brogle, B., Dintheer, A., Wiegand, D., Pletikosa Cvijikj, I., Maass, W., l’Allemand, D. und J. Laimbacher. This work was part-funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation (project no 135552 entitled PathMate: Effects of Ubiquitous Healthcare Information Systems on Performance of Obesity Expert and Teenager Teams)
- In 2013, Tobias Kowatsch was awarded by Deutsche Bundesbank for the best exam of the 2012/2013 year of the Master's program in Business Informatics at Saarland University, Germany.
- Best Paper Nominee and Claudio Ciborra Award Nominee: W. Maass, T. Kowatsch, S. Janzen & U. Varshney, A Natural Language Technology-enhanced Mobile Sales Assistant for In-store Shopping Situations, 19th European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS 2011), Helsinki, Finland, 2011.
- Wolfgang Maass and Tobias Kowatsch received the Best Paper Award of the Standing Committee of the 4th Mediterranean Conference on Information Systems (MCIS'09) for their paper entitled "Let's Get Married: Adoption of Interactive Product Information For Bundle Purchases By Tangible User Interfaces" in Athens, Greece, September 2009.
- Tobias Kowatsch attended the Master's program Computer Science in Media at Furtwangen University and passed with distinction in 2006.
||Tobias Kowatsch ist Mit-Gründer des ETH Zürich und Universität St.Galle Spin-offs Pathmate Technologies (www.pathmate-technologies.com), welches digitale Behandlungspfade entwickelt und anbietet.