31 May 2018. The brochure "The HSG: a portrait – facts and figures" appears once a year. Besides the numbers of students, the brochure also publishes research figures, figures about international and regional development, as well as financial figures.
Facts about the University
- Studies: More than 8,500 students are enrolled at the University of St.Gallen. A third of the students are women.
- Involvement: About half of the students are involved in one of the approx. 120 associations and initiatives at HSG
- Labour market: On graduation, 91 per cent of the Master’s graduates had a fixed job.
- Loyalty: HSG Alumni organisation has over 27,000 members.
- Ranking: In 2017, HSG defended its top ten position in the Financial Times Ranking and occupied 4th place.
- Executive education: Today, HSG generates a turnover of CHF 47.8m with its executive education.
- Research: More than 43,000 publications about research results of HSG are accessible online. 30 per cent of these publications are openly accessable on the platform.
- Global research: HSG intends to join the international research vanguard with two global centers.
- International: HSG operates a network with about 200 partner universities worldwide. All in all, students from more than 80 nations are enrolled.
- Regional: With more than 3,100 employees, HSG is among the biggest employers in the Canton of St.Gallen. This is tantamount to 1051.7 full-time jobs.
- Entrepreneurship: The University sensitises, encourages and supports HSG members in their start-up ventures. More than 400 start-up consultations are provided every year.
- Spin-Offs: People who have successfully founded a company or have been working on apecific start-up project for a minimum of twelve months can apply for the spin-off label of the University of St.Gallen. By now, 114 enterprises have been certified with it.
- Shaped by the institutes: The 41 institutes, research centres and centers are organised largely autonomously and along entrepreneurial lines.
- Art: 49 works of art are on the campus waiting to be discovered, among them works by Giacometti, Richter and Miró.
- History: HSG can look back on a 120-year history. Its most important milestones are illustrated in the brochure.
Further facts and figures can be found in our brochure "HSG: a portrait – facts and figures"