- Corporate Governance
- Strategic Ownership
- Family Business
- Strategic Leadership and Succession
- Asian Business Context
|Fields of research
- Family business and strategic ownership
- Corporate governance and succession
|Further fields of research
- Strategic leadership and functional executives
Christine received her PhD in Strategic Management from the University of St.Gallen. During her PhD, she also spend one year as research fellow at INSEAD in Singapore. Before joining the University of St.Gallen, Christine studied International Business Administration at the University of Tuebingen with her studies leading her to the University of Technology in Sydney and the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile in Santiago.
Christine is Assistent Professor for Family Business and Entrepreneurship at the Swiss Institute of Small Businesses and Entrepreneurship (KMU-HSG) and the Center for Family Business (CFB-HSG) at the University of St.Gallen. Before joining, Christine was five years at the St.Gallen Institute of Management in Asia (SGI-HSG), the first international institute of the University of St.Gallen located in Singapore. From 2014 - 2018, she was General Manager of the SGI-HSG and Executive Director of the HSG Asia Term, the University's flagship exchange programme on the Bachelor level. From 2018 - 2020, she was Finance Manager of the SGI-HSG and Senior Research Fellow closely collaborating with the CFB-HSG. During her PhD time, she was Research Associate at the Institute of Management (IFB-HSG) from 2010 to 2013. From 2013 to 2014, she spent a year as visiting PhD at INSEAD in Singapore.
|| Christine has gained a rich teaching experience across various levels at the University of St.Gallen and Singapore Management University (SMU). Among others, she teaches:
Christine holds the CAS Higher Education Didactic Certificate from the University of St.Gallen.
- Corporate and Business Development in Southeast Asia (MUG Master, every autumn term)
- Business Study Mission Malaysia (SMU course on the Bachelor level)
- Various lectures at the Executive level on doing business in Singapore and Southeast Asia
- Academy of Management (AOM)