• Enrolled in a HSG Bachelor at the time of application.
• For an exchange in the 5th or 6th semester: minimum of 4.50 grade average of Assessment Year studies. Applicants with an external Bachelors degree who are exempted from the assessment year must have an overall grade average of at least 4.50.
• Enrolled in a HSG Bachelor programme.
In the application you may enter up to seven partner universities of your choice and in
the order of your preference. You can find an overview of our partner universities here.
Please note that this is a general list - detailed information with semester dates, fact sheets and fields of study is available on our StudentWeb. Please do not contact Student Mobility before you have not checked the detailed information on the StudentWeb. You will be granted access to the StudentWeb after having been immatriculated to a HSG Bachelor programme.
When making your exchange university selections, consider the language of instruction, the local language, available fields of study, semester dates, travel advisories, etc.
• Autumn semester: Begin of exchange between 1 July and 31 December is considered as absence in autumn semester
• Spring semester: Begin of exchange between 1 January and 30 June is considered as absence in spring semester
22 December 2022 to 12 January 2023, 16.00 (St.Gallen - CH)
19 December 2023 to 11 January 2024, 16.00 (St.Gallen - CH)
Application deadline for an exchange in Autumn semester 2023 or Spring semester 2024: 12 January 2023, 16.00 (St.Gallen - CH)
Application deadline for an exchange in Autumn semester 2024 or Spring semester 2025: 11 January 2024, 16.00 (St.Gallen - CH)
For the SMO exchange application, one of the following English language certifications (not older than 2 years) must be submitted:
• TOEFL internet-based min. 100 points
|• IELTS (Academic Test) min. grade 7|
|• Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE) min. grade B|
|• Cambridge C2 Proficiency (CPE) min. grade C|
|• Recognised tertiary degree certificate fully completed in English. English as the language of |
instruction must be declared on the diploma or confirmed in writing by the degree granting
• Proof of English as school language* according to HSG implementation provisions Academic Programmes regarding languages (Art. 69)
All of the above listed English language tests and degree certifications may not be older than two years by the date of the SMO exchange application deadline, i.e. they must have been taken on or after 12 January 2021.
A minimum of 16 transferable ECTS course credits must be completed with a positive grade at the host university, otherwise no credits from the exchange term will be transferred towards the HSG degree.
A maximum of 32 ECTS course credits (Bachelor thesis excluded) can be credited to the HSG degree per exchange semester at Bachelor’s level.
Tuition fees must be paid at the HSG during the semester abroad. HSG students are not required to pay basic tuition fees at the host university but will be responsible for all other costs related to their semester abroad.
Students spending an exchange semester at one of our European partner universities through the partner university exchange programme are eligible to apply for a SEMP scholarship. The application procedures will be available in the Mobility-Online portal after allocation of the exchange university.
SEMP programme regulations may be subject to change by the Swiss Federal Council.